Mich. tracking K-9 killed after storm
A storm damaged Luger's kennel, allowing him to escape
By PoliceOne Staff
INGHAM COUNTY, Mich. — An Ingham County Sheriff’s Drug and tracking K-9 was killed Sunday after a storm damaged his kennel, allowing him to escape.
Luger, a 7-year veteran of the department, was hit by a vehicle several blocks away from his handler’s home. He was found by a veterinarian, according to WILX.com, but did not survive.
In his years on duty, Luger helped catch 86 suspects, seized $50,000, and located several missing persons.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house