Mich. tracking K-9 killed after storm
A storm damaged Luger's kennel, allowing him to escape
By PoliceOne Staff
INGHAM COUNTY, Mich. — An Ingham County Sheriff’s Drug and tracking K-9 was killed Sunday after a storm damaged his kennel, allowing him to escape.
Luger, a 7-year veteran of the department, was hit by a vehicle several blocks away from his handler’s home. He was found by a veterinarian, according to WILX.com, but did not survive.
In his years on duty, Luger helped catch 86 suspects, seized $50,000, and located several missing persons.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help