Photo: Mini horse trains to be NY officer
The horse, Honor, will work as a first responder to comfort crisis victims
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — A miniature horse named Honor is working to be a new officer for the city, Horse Channel reported.
The 8-month-old pony, Honor, is training with Gentle Carousel, a nonprofit that specializes in mini horse therapy. He will spend two years with the nonprofit learning how to assist officers with keeping victims in crisis calm.
The 95-pound star is already achieving viral fame, with his photos garnering thousands of likes on Facebook.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds