Mass. cops get new K-9s through grant
Metro West Daily News
NATICK, Mass. — Natick and Marlborough are getting new furry, four-legged officers.
Through a grant from the Stanton Foundation, K-9 units are being added to 15 municipalities across the state. Each department received $25,000 for the new dogs, according to a press release from the foundation.
The foundation estimates it costs roughly $15,000 to introduce a new K-9 unit with minimal ongoing costs.
- Police Grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper