Md. K-9 killed in traffic stop collision
A K-9 was fatally struck by a passing vehicle during a traffic stop in Maryland
By PoliceOne Staff
WORCESTER COUNTY, Md. — A K-9 was fatally struck by a passing vehicle during a traffic stop in Maryland.
According to ODMP, the K-9’s handler was speaking to a driver during a traffic stop when K-9 Ike was alerted to something outside of the officer’s vehicle and jumped out of a window.
He was then hit by a passing car.
Ike served with the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office for three years, according to the report.
Delmarva Now reports the driver “did everything they could” to avoid the police dog.
Ike received a police escort “with full honors” to a funeral home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman