Mass. drunk driver crashes car, punches police K-9
The man is charged with assault and battery on a police officer among many other charges
By Jessica Trufant
The Patriot Ledger
BRAINTREE — A 51-year-old Plymouth man will face charges for allegedly punching a police dog and spitting at first responders after crashing his van in the Union Street rotary and fleeing.
The man, who police did not identify, crashed the van he was driving into a light pole in the rotary around 10 p.m. Thursday. Witnesses told police the man ran from the vehicle toward the nearby Motel 6.
Officers, including a police dog, tracked the man to a wooded area off the rotary near the Motel 6. The man would not comply with officers and was eventually engaged by the police dog, which he attempted to fight off by punching it.
Full Story: Plymouth man faces charges after Braintree crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds