Calif.: Motorcycle cop's leg severed in accident
Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer
THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
Copyright 2005 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
A San Francisco police officer remained hospitalized Monday after having his left leg severed when an alleged hit-and-run motorist ran into his motorcycle as the officer was on his way to an assignment in the Bayview district.
Eric Batchelder, 31, a five-year officer, had civilian clothing on over his patrol uniform when he was hit shortly after 6 p.m. Sunday, police said. He was on a private motorcycle, but was considered on duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif.: Motorcycle cop's leg severed in accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police