Motorcycle officer in Bush motorcade injured in crash
The Associated Press
ALBUQUERQUE- A motorcycle officer escorting President Bush's motorcade was injured Friday when he apparently lost control of his motorcycle on an interstate, authorities said.
The police officer was taken to a hospital with cuts and bruises, but he was coherent and responsive, said Bernalillo County Sheriff's spokeswoman Erin Kinnard.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the officer to crash on Interstate 25, Kinnard said. The officer's name was not released.
White House press secretary Scott McClellan also said the officer was conscious and breathing after the accident.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen