Okla. motorcycle officer injured in collision
The Associated Press
TULSA, Okla. - A Tulsa motorcycle police officer has a broken collarbone and other injuries after being hit by a car while he was making a traffic stop.
Police say officer Ross Ford had his lights and sirens activated as he was stopping a car for running a red light when another car made a turn and hit Ford's motorcycle.
Ford was treated at a Tulsa hospital and police say the woman driving the car that hit him will likely be given a ticket for failing to yield.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police