Calif. officer injured in motorcycle accident
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
SAN DIMAS, Calif. — A motorcycle officer was hospitalized following a collision on Wednesday afternoon.
Avenue at Allen Avenue, when the collision occurred, Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Vicki Gregory said.
A female motorist traveling north on San Dimas struck the officer, when she attempted a left turn onto westbound Allen, Gregory said.
The officer suffered a broken leg as well as other bumps and bruises, she said.
"It appears to be just an accident, but the traffic-services bureau is investigating," Gregory said.
The officer was airlifted to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center for treatment.
Copyright 2007 MediaNews Group, Inc.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house