Tex. motorcycle officer injured in collision
By Staff Writers
The Dallas Morning News
FLOWER MOUND, Tex. — A Flower Mound motorcycle police officer was injured this morning after a collision with a car near the 700 block of Cross Timbers Road, just west of Garden Ridge Boulevard.
The Lewisville Police Department and the state Department of Public Safety are investigating the crash, which shut down Cross Timbers Road, also known as FM1171, in both directions west of Garden Ridge Boulevard for several hours. People were gathered in nearby parking lots to watch investigators work. The motorcycle lay on its side with its lights flashing. The car, with its two air bags deployed, had damage to its rear passenger door. The scene has since been cleared, and Cross Timbers is now open to traffic.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tex. motorcycle officer injured in collision
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house