Okla. officer in critical condition, wife dead following off-duty motorcycle accident
The Associated Press
BARTLESVILLE, Okla. — A Bartlesville police officer is in critical condition and his wife is dead following a motorcycle crash after they rode in a toy run during the weekend.
Bartlesville police say officer Gary McManus and his wife Jill were returning home after riding in the Christian Motorcycle Association's annual Toy Run when they were hit.
Investigators say a woman pulling out of a parking lot at the intersection of U.S. Highway 75 and a city street crashed into the couple.
Police haven't released the woman's name and say no charges have been filed yet.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms