Wisc. motor cops log more traffic stops than squads
By Stefanie Scott
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
When the Wauwatosa Police Department bought two motorcycles a year ago, it was said that the officers using them could expect to double the number of citations they hand out while helping the department cut down on fuel costs.
That has happened, and then some. Productivity has quadrupled and officers have found the motorcycles helpful in traffic enforcement, accident investigation and special event patrols, Capt. Jeff Sutter said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help