S.C. trooper killed while honoring fallen comrade
By Paul Alongi
A state trooper with Upstate ties died Saturday while helping escort a charity ride in memory of another trooper who was killed in the line of duty on the same road in 1992, authorities said.
Jonathan S. Nash, 41, was headed north on U.S. 1 in Camden about 10 a.m. at the time of the collision, according to the state Department of Public Safety.
A 79-year-old woman driving south on U.S. 1 struck Nash’s motorcycle as she made a left turn into a supermarket parking lot, said Richland County Sheriff’s Deputy Monique Mack.
Read full story: S.C. trooper killed while honoring fallen comrade
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house