Calif. officer killed in on-duty motorcycle collision
Ventury County Star
LOS OLIVOS, Calif. — An on-duty California Highway Patrol officer was killed Thursday afternoon in Los Olivos after his motorcycle collided with a sports car near State Route 154 and then dragged some 45 feet under the vehicle, the CHP said on Friday.
Jarrod John Martinez, 30, of Buellton was riding home from traffic court on his personal motorcycle when the fatal collision occurred. Martinez was riding west on Steele Street and was approaching the intersection of Foxen Canyon Road about 12:15 p.m., the CHP said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman