Calif. highway patrol officer killed during chase
It's the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week
REDLANDS, Calif. - Authorities say a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer has been killed during a pursuit.
Redlands police spokesman Carl Baker says two collisions occurred during the chase in San Bernardino County. One at a Redlands intersection around 6:30 a.m. Friday involved a CHP officer.
Baker says several people have been arrested. Detectives were still investigating what prompted the chase and how the crash occurred.
San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers confirmed the officer's death, but the officer's name has not been released.
This is the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week. On Wednesday, a driver in Los Angeles crashed into a CHP officer and a car he had pulled over. The officer remained in critical condition Friday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman