Calif. highway patrol officer killed during chase
It's the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week
REDLANDS, Calif. - Authorities say a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer has been killed during a pursuit.
Redlands police spokesman Carl Baker says two collisions occurred during the chase in San Bernardino County. One at a Redlands intersection around 6:30 a.m. Friday involved a CHP officer.
Baker says several people have been arrested. Detectives were still investigating what prompted the chase and how the crash occurred.
San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers confirmed the officer's death, but the officer's name has not been released.
This is the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week. On Wednesday, a driver in Los Angeles crashed into a CHP officer and a car he had pulled over. The officer remained in critical condition Friday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help