Ala. officer killed while escorting a funeral
Tuscaloosa Officer Trevor Phillips, a 10-year vet, was killed when car did U-turn in front of him
By PoliceOne Staff
Tuscaloosa Police Officer Trevor Phillips, a 10-year veteran of the department and a member of its SWAT team, was killed while working as an escort for a funeral procession.
Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson told a local TV station that Officer Phillips was passing the procession on the left and a person “decided, apparently, that they no longer wanted to be a part of the funeral procession and decided to make a U-turn and were going to go the opposite way and unfortunately didn’t look before they did and turned in front of him and his motorcycle collided with the vehicle.”
This caused a collision in which Officer Phillips was thrown from the motorcycle.
Chief Anderson indicated that no charges have been filed against the driver who made the U-turn and caused the fatal accident.
Tuscaloosa Police Department
3801 Mill Creek Avenue
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house