Texas 'Click It or Ticket' campaign saving lives
Thousands of Texas law enforcement officers will work additional hours to check for seat belt use during a campaign that runs through June 5
Over the past 10 years, the Click It or Ticket campaign has saved more than 2,800 lives in Texas and led to 48,000 fewer serious injuries while lowering related costs by $10 billion, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Before the campaign began, only about 76 percent of the Texans reported using seat belts in vehicles. Last year, the Texas Transportation Institute reported, the usage rate reached almost 94 percent.
Thousands of Texas law enforcement officers will work additional hours to check for seat belt use during this year's Click It or Ticket campaign, which began Monday and runs through June 5. The campaign combines education and enforcement to achieve compliance with seat belt usage.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas 'Click It or Ticket' campaign saving lives
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house