Mass. deputy killed in motorcycle crash
Immediately after the accident, passersby stopped to help
Duty Death: Ryan Tvelia - [Sharon, Massachusetts]
By PoliceOne Staff
SHARON, Mass. — A sheriff's deputy died in a motorcycle crash Tuesday.
State police said Norfolk County Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Tvelia was thrown from his motorcycle after clipping a Toyota Rav4, and then was struck by another vehicle. before the fall.
Paramedics and bystanders, including one nurse, tried to assist the 11-year-veteran, but he was later pronounced dead at the hospital, WHDH reported.
Two other drivers involved in the crash are not believed to have suffered serious injury.
Officers said the accident is under investigation.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy