Off-duty veteran RI cop killed in motorcycle crash
John Reposa Jr., 43, was reportedly not wearing a helmet when he collided with a vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
PROVIDENCE — A veteran police officer was killed off-duty in a motorcycle crash Saturday night when his bike collided with a vehicle.
John Reposa Jr., 43, served in the patrol division, the motorcycle squad, the narcotics bureau, the traffic bureau, was a member of the Providence Police Honor Guard and the Police Pipes and Drums Corps, according to Turnto10.
"He had a big personality and a big heart and was well liked by the community and his fellow officers, who nicknamed him ‘All City John' because he was always there to provide backup," said Mayor Angel Taveras.
Officers claim Reposa was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the crash was not hurt. No charges have been filed, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen