Off-duty veteran RI cop killed in motorcycle crash
John Reposa Jr., 43, was reportedly not wearing a helmet when he collided with a vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
PROVIDENCE — A veteran police officer was killed off-duty in a motorcycle crash Saturday night when his bike collided with a vehicle.
John Reposa Jr., 43, served in the patrol division, the motorcycle squad, the narcotics bureau, the traffic bureau, was a member of the Providence Police Honor Guard and the Police Pipes and Drums Corps, according to Turnto10.
"He had a big personality and a big heart and was well liked by the community and his fellow officers, who nicknamed him ‘All City John' because he was always there to provide backup," said Mayor Angel Taveras.
Officers claim Reposa was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the crash was not hurt. No charges have been filed, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic