CPH makes switch to Harley Davidson motorcycles
he CHP recently finalized a deal to purchase 121 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycles to replace their previous bikes
By Eric Rasmussen
OAKLAND, Calif. — The California Highway Patrol will have some of its Bay Area officers riding Harley Davidson motorcycles as soon as next week, thanks to a dealership in Oakland.
The CHP recently finalized a deal to purchase 121 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycles from Oakland Harley-Davidson.
Harley Davidson will begin delivering the motorcycles to Sacramento next week. Oakland Harley-Davidson owner Mike Genthner said Monday that Bay Area CHP officers could be among some of the first to take new motorcycles out on the road.
Full Story: CHP switching to Harley Davidson motorcycles
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman