Video: SFPD motorcycle unit trains with dirtbikes
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles
SAN FRANCISCO — In this intense two week motorcycle training course, outside police agencies frequently request the SFPD Honda Unit (SFPD’s dirt bike unit) to train their dirt bike/ dual sport motorcycle officers.
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles. They start off with a basic cones course where they teach them how to ride slowly and balance the motorcycle. During the cones course training, each day gets and bit tougher and tougher.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police