Police question why traffic deaths are up
Appreciation Day draws attention to rising traffic fatalities
By Lou Michel
BUFFALO, N.Y. — With an increased number of police officers dying in traffic accidents —an estimated 71 nationally last year — Western New York law enforcement drew attention to that fact Monday on Police Appreciation Day.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police question why traffic deaths are up
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house