Slain Ill. officer remembered as caring and kind
By Kim Bell
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
CENTREVILLE, Ill. — On lonely mornings when Lillie Smith would leave for work about 5:30, she was often comforted by the sight of police Lt. Gregory Jonas, pausing in his patrol car until she got her old car started.
"He was watching over us," she said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Slain Ill. officer remembered as caring and kind
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help