Two Wisc. officers shot, one listed in critical condition
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police say two officers have been shot multiple times and a suspect is in custody.
Police Chief Ed Flynn says the two uniformed officers stopped a suspicious individual Tuesday afternoon, and the man shot them without provocation.
He says one officer was in critical condition at a hospital, and the other was satisfactory. He didn't identify them because their families haven't been notified.
Flynn says a suspect is in custody and a weapon has been recovered.
Mayor Tom Barrett says neither officer drew his gun.
Copyright 2009 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house