Safety on minds of all officers after Wash. killings
Kansas City Star
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Police Officer Bob Murphy watched everyone a little more closely Monday when he stopped at a convenience store for a Mountain Dew.
The killings of four Seattle-area police officers in a coffee shop Sunday morning lingered in the back of his mind, reminding him that he, too, could be a target while wearing his uniform in public.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help