Calif. cop dragged a block during DUI stop
Two officers reached into the vehicle to stop the suspect from driving away
EUREKA, Calif. — A Eureka Police officer was dragged along the road for about a block Wednesday night after attempting to stop an allegedly drunken driver for a lighting issue on his vehicle.
Officers stopped 24-year-old Ross Emery Olson at about 11:35 p.m. for a lighting violation at Fourth and L streets in Eureka. Olson was allegedly driving his white Toyota pickup about 5 mph over the speed limit until yielding in front of Bob Crivello's Used Cars, according to the Eureka Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cop dragged a block during DUI stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests