Calif. cop dragged a block during DUI stop
Two officers reached into the vehicle to stop the suspect from driving away
EUREKA, Calif. — A Eureka Police officer was dragged along the road for about a block Wednesday night after attempting to stop an allegedly drunken driver for a lighting issue on his vehicle.
Officers stopped 24-year-old Ross Emery Olson at about 11:35 p.m. for a lighting violation at Fourth and L streets in Eureka. Olson was allegedly driving his white Toyota pickup about 5 mph over the speed limit until yielding in front of Bob Crivello's Used Cars, according to the Eureka Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cop dragged a block during DUI stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy