Ga. department makes fitness priority
Program features annual physical fitness tests and financial incentives to stay in shape
By Kyle Martin
The Augusta Chronicle
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. — Cops and doughnuts are an old punch line.
But there's nothing funny about overweight deputies who can't chase bad guys, officials say, or firefighters who can't climb ladders.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. department makes fitness priority
- Police Training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman