3 deputies shot in Fla. hostage situation
Two cops have been released from the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and the third is in critical condition
By PoliceOne Staff
PENSACOLA, Fla. — Three deputies were shot during a hostage situation in northern Florida today.
Two of the cops have been released from the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Another deputy remains in the hospital in critical condition.
The deputies initially responded to a home invasion, according to NWF Daily News, but when they got there they saw that the incident stemmed from a domestic dispute. The man had tried to break into the woman’s home, prompting her to fire several shots.
Although details are still unclear, the man apparently shot at the responding deputies, hitting three of them. Cops returned fire and hit him several times.
The SWAT team responded shortly after the incident and convinced the man to drop his weapon.
The woman was shot as well, but both of them are in fair condition. The two are reportedly in a relationship.
The Governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, stopped by the hospital to visit the wounded deputies.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house