Georgia trooper shot to death after traffic stop
Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy of Marietta was shot twice Monday night and died while being taken to a hospital
The Associated Press
ATLANTA — Authorities say a Georgia state trooper was shot and killed after trying to pull over a driver in Atlanta.
The Georgia State Patrol says 38-year-old Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy of Marietta was shot twice in the face Monday night and died while being taken to a hospital.
A patrol news release says LeCroy tried to stop a car, but it fled and crashed after a short chase. LeCroy and the driver of the car then fought, and the trooper was shot.
The release says the suspect drove away in the trooper's car but was arrested soon after.
LeCroy was a married father of two sons.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests