NYPD detective dies on-duty from heart attack
Detective Shaniqua Osborne was a 19-year veteran and sister of an NYPD sergeant
Duty Death: Shaniqua Osborne - [New York, New York]
End of Service: 03/16/2017
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — An NYPD detective has died after suffering a massive heart attack on duty.
Detective Shaniqua Osborne, 42, collapsed March 16 and died shortly after arriving at a local hospital, NJ Blue Now reported.
Osborne was a 19-year veteran.
“She was a mother, wife to Trevor Osborne and also a sister to an NYPD sergeant,” NJ Blue Now’s Facebook post read.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper