Ga. deputy injured in head-on crash
There is no word on the deputy's condition
By Steve Burns
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — A Clayton County deputy was injured in a head-on collision Thursday, Sheriff Victor Hill said.
The wreck was in front of Jackson Elementary School at Mt. Zion Boulevard and Thrailkill Road, Hill said.
The deputy was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, Channel 2 Action News reported.
The intersection where the crash happened reopened about 4:30 p.m.
Wreck moved out of the way and Mt. Zion Blvd & Thrailkill Rd intersection reopened in Clayton County. pic.twitter.com/aiIyPzhKEx— Jason Durden (@JasonDurdenWSB) May 18, 2017
Please avoid the area of Tara Blvd NB and I75 NB if possible due to accident with injuries. Sheriff Victor Hill https://t.co/atoS75Xp8d— Clayton County SO (@ClaytonCountySO) May 18, 2017
©2017 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Atlanta, Ga.)
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend