'You die cop': Ill. man accused of stalking officer
Officer thinks it started when he arrested alleged stalker's nephew
By Lauren FitzPatrick
CHICAGO — A gray Nissan kept turning up outside Chicago Police patrolman Lance Handzel's home on a quiet block in Chicago's Southwest Side, scaring his family.
It circled his home a few times in October 2010, rounding the block, according to Cook County prosecutors. One of its occupants, Trini Morado, stopped and stared down Handzel's wife, Nicole, and their 7-year-old daughter, prosecutors said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy