Investigators confirm stray bike caused cop's death
Ball Police Officer Russell A. "Roscoe" George, 47, died in a crash in early June
The Town Talk
BALL, La. — Louisiana State Police investigators have confirmed that a fatal accident involving a Ball police officer traveling at almost 90 mph was caused by a bicycle lying in the road.
Ball Police Officer Russell A. "Roscoe" George, 47, died in a crash early June 26 on U.S. Highway 165 in Ball.
A State Police report says George was on duty and was responding to a call for assistance from another Ball police officer. George had the vehicle's emergency lights on and was wearing a seatbelt.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'