Investigators confirm stray bike caused cop's death
Ball Police Officer Russell A. "Roscoe" George, 47, died in a crash in early June
The Town Talk
BALL, La. — Louisiana State Police investigators have confirmed that a fatal accident involving a Ball police officer traveling at almost 90 mph was caused by a bicycle lying in the road.
Ball Police Officer Russell A. "Roscoe" George, 47, died in a crash early June 26 on U.S. Highway 165 in Ball.
A State Police report says George was on duty and was responding to a call for assistance from another Ball police officer. George had the vehicle's emergency lights on and was wearing a seatbelt.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help