3 Fla. officers seriously hurt in cruiser crash
A Boynton Beach police spokeswoman says the officers piled into a single car
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — Three Florida police officers responding to a burglary call crashed their patrol car into a concrete pole, sending them to the hospital with serious injuries.
A Boynton Beach police spokeswoman says the officers piled into a single car when a call requesting backup at a burglary scene came in about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. It's not clear what made the officer driving the car lose control and hit the light pole in the community south of West Palm Beach.
Meanwhile, the three suspected burglars also crashed their getaway truck into a house about a mile from the cruiser crash. They fled the scene. Two were later caught, but a third remains at large.
The identities of the officers and burglary suspects have not been released. The officers are all being treated at Delray Medical Center.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy