NY cop uses finger to save self from being shot
Sgt. Michael Miller jammed his ring finger under the hammer of a felon's revolver
NEW YORK — A New York Police Department cop jammed his ring finger under .38 revolver's hammer to save himself from being shot in the gut.
Sergeant Michael Miller and Officer William Reddin were patrolling when they noticed the beige Lincoln Towncar speeding on Quincy Street near Malcolm X Boulevard.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY cop uses finger to save self from being shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman