Cop, firefighter struck by vehicles at Chicago gas leak scene
Both responders were taken to local hospitals and were in good condition
By PoliceOne Staff
CHICAGO — A firefighter and police officer were both struck by cars while working at the scene of a gas leak in Chicago on Saturday.
Both responders were taken to local hospitals and were in good condition, according to The Chicago Tribune.
The small gas main leak resulted from construction work that had been taking place in the area.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic