Driver in crash that killed Philly cop gets 19 to 40 years
The man who caused a car accident that killed Police Sgt. Timothy Simpson pleaded guilty to third-degree murder
By Miriam Hill
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — The man who caused a 2008 car accident that killed Philadelphia Police Sgt. Timothy Simpson will spend 19 to 40 years in prison under a plea agreement reached Monday.
William Foster, 44, of Levittown, pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and other charges in the case. He apologized to the Simpson family.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman