Blue Alert will warn public of attacks on police
Utah is the tenth state to adopt the system
By Erin Alberty
The Salt Lake Tribune
Starting Monday, a person who attacks a police officer and flees could find his description flashing on highway signs and on news outlets within minutes.
Utah has created a "Blue Alert" — an Amber Alert-style warning system designed to get the public looking for people suspected of assaulting police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Blue Alert will warn public of attacks on police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests