Blue Alert will warn public of attacks on police
Utah is the tenth state to adopt the system
By Erin Alberty
The Salt Lake Tribune
Starting Monday, a person who attacks a police officer and flees could find his description flashing on highway signs and on news outlets within minutes.
Utah has created a "Blue Alert" — an Amber Alert-style warning system designed to get the public looking for people suspected of assaulting police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Blue Alert will warn public of attacks on police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman