Prof gets probation for stalking La. cop
Professor of criminology allegedly used a fake online identity to threaten an officer he accused of raping his girlfriend
Telegram & Gazette
NEW ORLEANS — A former Anna Maria College professor was sentenced yesterday to three years' probation arising from a case in which he was accused of stalking and making Internet threats against a New Orleans police officer.
U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman also ordered Gary O'Bireck, of Elmira, N.Y., to pay a $5,000 fine following his guilty plea in August to concealing a crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Prof gets probation for stalking La. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer