Prof gets probation for stalking La. cop
Professor of criminology allegedly used a fake online identity to threaten an officer he accused of raping his girlfriend
Telegram & Gazette
NEW ORLEANS — A former Anna Maria College professor was sentenced yesterday to three years' probation arising from a case in which he was accused of stalking and making Internet threats against a New Orleans police officer.
U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman also ordered Gary O'Bireck, of Elmira, N.Y., to pay a $5,000 fine following his guilty plea in August to concealing a crime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Prof gets probation for stalking La. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper