Former cop convicted of trying to kill 4 officers
Defendant was shot 28 times in traffic stop after he pulled out his service Glock 9mm and started shooting
By Tina Sfondeles
CHICAGO — A former Chicago cop has been convicted of trying to kill four police officers even though he was shot 28 times by police during a West Side traffic stop.
A jury Friday found Howard Morgan, 61, guilty on attempted murder charges — five years after a jury deadlocked on the same charges and acquitted him of others in connection with the 2005 incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic