'Lucky' NYPD officer survives head shot
Officer Kevin Brennan, 29, is expected to make a full recovery
NEW YORK — New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said it's a miracle that an officer shot in the base of the skull while chasing a homicide suspect is alive.
"He's one lucky man," Kelly said while visiting Bellevue Hospital where Officer Kevin Brennan, 29, was taken after being shot, The New York Post reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Lucky' NYPD officer survives head shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help