'Lucky' NYPD officer survives head shot
Officer Kevin Brennan, 29, is expected to make a full recovery
NEW YORK — New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said it's a miracle that an officer shot in the base of the skull while chasing a homicide suspect is alive.
"He's one lucky man," Kelly said while visiting Bellevue Hospital where Officer Kevin Brennan, 29, was taken after being shot, The New York Post reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Lucky' NYPD officer survives head shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy