Chicago police officer's prognosis good after being shot in chest
A fleeing suspect opened fire and a bullet struck Officer Del Pearson
By Frank Main And Kim Janssen
CHICAGO — It wasn't the first time someone pulled a weapon on Chicago Police Officer Del Pearson while he was performing a seemingly routine task.
In June 2007, Pearson fatally shot a man who pointed a gun at him as the man fled from a traffic stop. Pearson was awarded the Superintendent's Award of Valor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds