Chicago police officer's prognosis good after being shot in chest
A fleeing suspect opened fire and a bullet struck Officer Del Pearson
By Frank Main And Kim Janssen
CHICAGO — It wasn't the first time someone pulled a weapon on Chicago Police Officer Del Pearson while he was performing a seemingly routine task.
In June 2007, Pearson fatally shot a man who pointed a gun at him as the man fled from a traffic stop. Pearson was awarded the Superintendent's Award of Valor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court