Mass. man attempts to set officer ablaze
When an officer tried to enter a residence to look for victims he was assaulted
By PoliceOne Staff
RANDOLPH, Mass. — A Massachussets man named Raphael Theophile reportedly doused an officer with gasoline and attempted to set him ablaze. His attempt at the arsonist assault failed, and he now faces a variety of charges in connection with the three-alarm blaze at his own home.
According to a report by WCVBTV in Boston, fire responders arrived to the home to discover flames pouring out of the structure, and when an officer tried to enter the residence to look for victims he was assaulted by Theophile.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform