4 NYPD cops shot in Brooklyn standoff
Woman told officers armed suspect held her hostage
Metro - New York
NEW YORK — Four police officers were shot in a fierce gun battle last night in Sheepshead Bay, but miraculously, none of them were critically injured.
The incident started at about 10:30 p.m., when police received a 911 call of a man with a gun at 3301 Nostrand Avenue, in the 61st precinct in Sheepshead Bay.
According to police, Nakwon Foxworth, 33, who was with his pregnant girlfriend and their four-month-old son at the time, had gotten into an argument with movers at the service entrance of the building and threatened one of them with a gun.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 4 NYPD cops shot in Brooklyn standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help