Official: 1 officer killed, 4 hurt in NH shooting
State police and officers from at least four departments have responded to a home near Portsmouth
By Holly Ramer
GREENLAND, N.H. — New Hampshire Attorney General Mike Delaney says one police officer has been killed and four hurt in a shooting stemming from a drug investigation in the small town of Greenland.
He says an armed person and a woman remain in the home where the incident started around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police remain on the scene. Delaney says he can't release much information because there is still an active armed standoff in the neighborhood.
State police and officers from many departments have responded to the small seacoast community about five miles from Portsmouth. The neighborhood around the shooting scene is blocked off.
The names of the officer killed and those who have hurt have not been released because their relatives have not all been notified.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds