8 shot, 1 dead, 5 officers injured in Phila.
Officers were treated for lacerations to the face and head, among other injuries
By Allison Steele
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A wild Thursday night into Friday morning across Philadelphia ended with eight people shot, one of them fatally, and five police officers injured while breaking up bar fights.
Quasay Johnson, 31, was shot dead outside his West Oak Lane home just after 12:30 a.m. Friday. Police said Johnson had received a phone call that drew him out of his apartment on the 7000 block of North 15th Street.
When Johnson reached the vestibule of his building, witnesses told police, they heard arguing, then shots fired. Johnson was hit three times in the chest and in an arm and was pronounced dead at the scene. Two men were seen running from the building entrance, but no arrests had been made.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 8 shot, 1 dead, 5 officers injured in Phila.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests