Suspect killed by Ga. officers was pointing rifle when shot
Deer rifle with scope leveled at police as suspect approached
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — A 32-year-old Gwinnett County man shot dead by two police officers was pointing a rifle at the officers just before he was shot, police said Friday. Two of the man's family members were later arrested at the scene after learning of his death.
Officers were called to a home in the 500 block of Trophy Trail, off Five Forks Trickum Road, about 6:30 p.m. after receiving a call about a man threatening suicide, said Cpl. Jake Smith, a spokesman for the Gwinnett County Police Department. The caller said a man, later identified as James Clark, had already cut himself and had fired two shots, Smith said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy