Ga. man sues cops, guard over arrest for open carry
Says his rights were violated; suing individual officers and guard, not employers
By Rhonda Cook
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SUGAR HILL, Ga. — Private security guard, cops faulted. Gun carrier says his rights were violated in Sugar Hill.
A Forsyth County man is suing two police officers and a private security guard for arresting and jailing him for wearing a holstered gun while he exercised at Sugar Hill's Gary Pirkle Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman