Ga. man sues cops, guard over arrest for open carry
Says his rights were violated; suing individual officers and guard, not employers
By Rhonda Cook
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SUGAR HILL, Ga. — Private security guard, cops faulted. Gun carrier says his rights were violated in Sugar Hill.
A Forsyth County man is suing two police officers and a private security guard for arresting and jailing him for wearing a holstered gun while he exercised at Sugar Hill's Gary Pirkle Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help