Wrestler convicted in assault of Ohio officer
Ambushed while trying to awaken suspect, officer had to discharge TASER 6 times
By Mark Gokavi
Dayton Daily News
XENIA, Ohio — A former standout Greenon High School wrestler pleaded guilty to attempted felonious assault on a peace officer and was sentenced Thursday to three years in prison.
Josh Schell, 22, of Enon, was captured on film fighting a Greene County sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop Oct. 1. As part of the plea agreement in Greene County Common Pleas Court, a drunken-driving charge was dropped and a first-degree felony was dropped to second-degree.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wrestler convicted in assault of Ohio officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic